The University has a number of free online courses designed to support you in your research, and which you can complete at your own pace.
This online course provides an introduction to the issues surrounding plagiarism and will help you to acquire some of the necessary skills and judgement to apply to your academic work and publications. This course is hosted on WebLearn and you will therefore will need your Oxford Single Sign-on. Please note, this course is compulsory for MSD postgraduate research students and early career researchers.
These self-study units are designed to help you work on transferable skills for your career:
- Entrepreneurship 1: Are you an entrepreneur?
- Entrepreneurship 2: Opportunity recognition, creation and evaluation
- Entrepreneurship 3: Resources (People, Teams, Finance)
These units are hosted on WebLearn and you will therefore will need your Oxford Single Sign-on.
These self-study courses have been designed as an introduction to good practice in research, and include links to related University of Oxford policy and guidance.
Select the course that is relevant to your field:
- Research Integrity: Biomedical - this is compulsory for MSD postgraduate research students and early career researchers.
- Research Integrity: Engineering and Technology
- Research Integrity: Natural and Physical Sciences
- Research Integrity: Social and Behavioural Sciences
These courses are hosted on WebLearn and you will therefore will need your Oxford Single Sign-on.
Other Professional Development Courses
- EMBI- EBI Training - these courses are led by EMBI-EBI experts and are hosted in their purpose-built training suite.
- MRC Learning Management System - free online courses run by the Medical Research Council
How to Survive Your PhD
This online talk introduces the PhD Planning Toolkit.