There are numerous other opportunities to develop skills both within and outside the University. Researchers should take full advantage of these opportunities which may not be open to them when they leave the University.
Staff Gateway - Training and Development
The University provides extensive opportunities for training and development.
University Careers Service
For guidance on careers options and development of skills for all students and staff members.
Oxford Learning Institute
For seminars and courses for Staff members on tutorial and small group teaching, lecturing, supervising, assessing, examining, course design and more.
- Oxford Learning Institute -http://supervision.learning.ox.ac.uk/international
University Department for Continuing Education
The Department for Continuing Education offers courses covering a wide range of subjects, and many of them lead to university qualifications. Provision is made for individuals, organisations, and professional groups. Courses are offered on a part-time basis, online, or in the form of short courses (one day to several weeks and residential summer schools).
Oxford e-Research Centre
The Oxford e-Research Centre (OeRC) works with research units across the whole of Oxford University to enable the use and development of innovative computational and information technology in multidisciplinary collaborations
- Search jobs in science, research, academic & related employment in the UK & abroad. Subscribe to Jobs by Email for vacancies in universities, FE colleges, research institutions, commercial & public sector bodies, schools & charities.
- Athena Forum - Signposting Career Paths for Post Doctoral Researchers
- Oxford Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Academy of Medical Sciences/Wellcome Trust policy internship scheme
- Life Coaching
- Skills Hub
- An introduction to achieving policy impact for early career researchers - a useful article for those who need to demonstrate the real world tangible impact on policy arising from their scientific research.
Research Data Management Induction Resources
Presentations and resources giving a brief introduction to research data management. They are designed for use in induction sessions or similar events, or anywhere that a quick overview of the topic is needed.
Skills Training on Flickr
Medical Sciences Skills Training's Flickr account, featuring images taken at some of our courses and events.
- Course Rep Handbook
- Seminar series at Nuffield Department of Medicine