Preparing for learning and teaching at Oxford
Career Development Teaching Skills
Monday, 20 January 2020, 10am to 4.30pmApply for this course
This full day classroom based MSD Skills Training course is suitable for postgraduate research students and postdoctoral early career researchers in the Division who are intending to teach in the University and HE more generally.
This course has pre-course material. Booking confirmation and course reminder emails will provide you with the link to 'My Resources' section of CoSY to access the material before the course starts.
To provide an introduction to learning and teaching in higher education.
Full day interactive workshop
By the end of the workshop, participants will be prepared to:
- Apply fundamental principles of learning to your teaching
- Find teaching opportunities in the University
- Design and consider different ways of delivering small group teaching
- Provide high quality feedback to your students
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your teaching
Please note that this course is a requirement for teaching in most departments in MSD.
*PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH*