Hugh Kearns: Turbocharge your writing
Career Development Research Skills
Friday, 08 March 2019, 2pm to 5pmApply for this course
Hugh Kearns presents different workshops each year in Hilary term.
Would you like to know the secret to high output, low stress scholarly writing? In academia it is often assumed that writing comes naturally. However, an overwhelming body of research shows that there are very clear and practical strategies that can greatly increase your writing productivity.
This workshop will help you to understand:
• why it's hard to get started
• how we deliberately use distractions to slow down writing
• the principles of quick starting
• how to deal with destructive internal beliefs
• how to set a writing plan and stick to it
• how to set achievable goals by writing in a silo
• how to greatly increase the number of actual words you produce
• how to clarify your thinking, and improve the quality of your work
Half a day workshop.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS