Hugh Kearns: Seven secrets of highly successful Post-docs and research students
Career Development Research Skills
Friday, 08 March 2019, 9.30am to 12.30pmApply for this course
Hugh Kearns presents different workshops each year in Hilary term.
What do post-docs and research students do to finish on time, to overcome isolation, doubt and writer’s block, and to enjoy the process? And just as importantly what do they do in order to spend guilt-free time with their family and friends and perhaps even have holidays? If this sounds appealing, then this session will be of particular use to you.
This workshop describes the key habits that our research and experience with thousands of researchers shows will make a difference to how quickly and easily you complete your research. These habits can greatly reduce the stress and increase the pleasure involved in completing a post-doc or research degree.
The workshop helps you to understand how to increase your effectiveness and outcomes in the following key areas:
- how you deal with your supervisor
- how you structure your study time
- your attitude (or lack thereof!) to your research
- dealing with writer’s block or having difficulty writing
- getting the help you need when you are stuck
- juggling multiple commitments and never having enough time
- keeping on going when the going gets tough
Who is it for?
Post-docs and research students
Half a day workshop.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS