Writing Skills - Reports
Communication Skills Research Skills
Tuesday, 16 October 2018, 9.15am to 4.30pm
This course will help participants to:
- Structure their transfer report according to standard scientific principles.
- Write clearly, concisely, and accurately about their research.
- Adopt an appropriate English style for their transfer report.
- Proofread their report for correctness and consistency.
- Planning your report - the key sections; adapting the structure to different kinds of research.
- Principles of effective writing - sentences, paragraphs, and words.
- Refining your style - how to be formal without being elaborate.
- Proofreading techniques, common errors of scientific English.
Number of participants