Preparing for Learning and Teaching at Oxford
Monday, 13 May 2019, 10am to 4.30pmApply for this course
This course is scheduled each term.
To provide an introduction to learning and teaching in higher education.
Full day interactive workshop
By the end of the workshop, participants will be prepared to:
- Apply fundamental principles of learning to your teaching
- Find teaching opportunities in the University
- Design and consider different ways of delivering small group teaching
- Provide high quality feedback to your students
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your teaching
Please note that having attended this course is a teaching requirement in most MSD departments.
*PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH*
EXPERIMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY - A Psychology-focused alternative to the PLTO course is run in the Dept of Experimental Psychology and is compulsory for all those who wishing to give tutorials in EP. If you are interested in attending this PTP (Preparing for Tutorials in Psychology) course please email email@example.com.
BIOCHEMISTRY - An alternative course is run in the Department of Biochemistry and is compulsory for all wishing to teach within this department. If you are interested in attending the Biochemistry course please email firstname.lastname@example.org