|Tel||+44 (0)1865 271639|
MRC Career Development Fellow
- University Research Lecturer
- Lecturer Corpus Christi College
My research focuses on the genetic and activity dependent rules that govern the development of the basal ganglia. My group combines electrophysiological recordings of multiple neurons in vitro and in vivo in combination with optogenetic and pharmacogenetic techniques to both observe and manipulate neural activity and circuit development.
Key research areas:
• Development of the striatal neural circuitry.
• Neuromodulation of striatal circuit function.
• Cellular mechanisms underlying the generation of physiological and pathological neural network activity
Our current research efforts are focused on defining the early developmental processes controlling the formation of the striatum, with the aim of generating rationale and identifying targets for intervention in a range of basal ganglia neurodevelopmental disorders.