How to Apply
Format and Costing
|Theme 1: Market Analysis||Theme 2: Translational Research|
|Number of projects funded||3||2|
|Funding per project (approx)||£8K - £10K||£50K|
|Application max. page limit||2||4|
|Max. project duration||6 months||6 months|
Application and selection
The deadline for submitting applications for both Themes (1 and 2) is Friday 8 October, 12 noon. Applications should complete the online application form relevant to each scheme and submit through the Internal Research Award Management System (IRAMS). IRAMS guidance notes for applicants, departmental approvers and administrators can be found on Research Support pages. Applicants are responsible for notifying their Departmental Administrators and Research Services before submitting their application. Online application via IRAMS requests the following information: principle applicant and any co-applicants, a lay summary, a financial breakdown of your proposal and a case for support uploaded to the IRAMS application system.
Applicants must NOT exceed the restricted application page limit outlined in the table above. Applicants are also requested to attach a short CV (max. 3-pages) to their application. Please note that the application form and CVs for all applicants must be consolidated into 1 PDF file which is to be uploaded and submitted via IRAMS. For applications submitted to Theme 1, any quotations and/or supporting documentation from 3rd parties/collaborators must be combined into the single PDF document.
In the case for support section in the relevant application form please include the following:
- An abstract and overview of your project;
- Project objectives and proposed outcomes, including information about proposed development milestones and potential next steps following completion of the project to include for example, sources of follow-on funding, plans for commercialisation;
- A timeline for the project, aligning with milestones to demonstrate that these are realistic both in terms of the objectives set and the time necessary to achieve them;
- Justification for support detailing how the proposal is aligned to the remit of the call;
- Details of any industrial (or other) collaboration in your project and how you envisage advancing this; for Market Analysis applications please include any details of external organisations who will support searches/report generation; a letter of support can be provided where necessary.
- Future plans: Clarity on commercialisation route, IP, and proposed follow-on funding routes
- A description of any matched funding secured (if relevant)