Oxford has a large rare disease research community made up of over 250 senior scientists and clinicians from the University of Oxford and the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust. The Oxford Rare Disease Initiative (ORDI) brings together this expertise into one comprehensive network, and provides a single point of contact for organisations wishing to work with Oxford in rare disease research.
What we offer
ORDI helps to facilitate relationships between Oxford’s researchers, clinicians, and the wider rare disease community, thereby providing access to the unique expertise, resources and infrastructure available across the University of Oxford and the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust.
More specifically, ORDI provides:
- A single point of access to connect with Oxford’s rare disease researchers and resources
- A dedicated support team to facilitate collaborations with all stakeholders in the rare disease community
- Events showcasing the latest developments and opportunities in the rare disease community
- Networking and partnering opportunities
- Regular updates to Oxford researchers and clinicians about the latest developments and opportunities in the rare disease community
- Access to large UK and international research networks
- Access to the expertise and resources across the University and OUH Trust
Learn more about the advantages of working with the Oxford Rare Disease Initiative.