On Rare Disease Day 2019, the University of Oxford launched the Oxford-Harrington Rare Disease Centre. Read more from its Director, Professor Matthew Wood here.
The University of Oxford together with the Oxford University Hospitals Trust (OUH) have outstanding expertise and capabilities in rare diseases with more than 250 scientists working on over 350 different rare diseases.
The Oxford Rare Disease Initiative (ORDI) brings together this expertise to create an extensive rare disease network, and provides assistance in establishing collaborations between Oxford rare disease researchers, industry, patient organisations and funders.
What we offer
ORDI helps to facilitate relationships between Oxford’s researchers, clinicians, and the wider rare disease community, thereby providing access to the unique expertise, resources and infrastructure available across the University of Oxford and the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust.
More specifically, ORDI provides:
- A single point of access to connect with Oxford’s rare disease researchers and resources
- A dedicated support team to facilitate collaborations with all stakeholders in the rare disease community
- Events showcasing the latest developments and opportunities in the rare disease community
- Networking and partnering opportunities
- Regular updates to Oxford researchers and clinicians about the latest developments and opportunities in the rare disease community
- Access to large UK and international research networks
- Access to the expertise and resources across the University and OUH Trust
Learn more about the advantages of working with the Oxford Rare Disease Initiative.