World Malaria Day 2015
- 27 April 2015
Malaria app launched: The Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine is officially launching an educational malaria app for Android users 'The Life Cycle of Malaria' - the first game of its kind which tries to visualise the life cycle of the disease in 3D.
- Transmission blocking vaccines: Interview with Dr Sumi Biswas from the Jenner Institute, whose work on developing vaccines that block the blood transmission of malaria has won her a Grand Challenges in Global Health grant award
- Why antimalarial medicines matter: Blog post from The Worldwide Antimalarial Resistance Network (WWARN)
- New Malaria Centre: WWARN Director, Philippe Guerin, presented on ‘Antimalarial drug resistance, a global threat to malaria control’ at the opening of the new Centre for Malaria Research at the Karolinska Institute in Sweden.
- Researchers from WWARN also feature in a special supplement of The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene about falsified and substandard medicines.
Pf3k Consortium releases data on more than 2,500 P. falciparum genomes
- Keeping pace with changing parasite genetics: Blog post by Roberto Amato. Malaria parasites adapt at a frightening rate. A new global collaboration has compiled a large collection of open access P. falciparum genomes.