The awards, funded through the EU and worth up to €2.5 million each, allow established top researchers from across disciplines to explore their most creative ideas. The grants will also lead to the creation of jobs including postdoctoral and doctoral research positions.
Projects led by Oxford include one that will make synthetic tissues for applications in medicine, and another probing the information flows between companies and consumers, filling a gap in economic understanding and policy.
The Oxford researchers receiving awards in the latest round of funding are:
- Professor Mark Armstrong, Department of Economics
- Professor Hagan Bayley, Department of Chemistry
- Professor Benjamin Berks, Department of Biochemistry
- Professor Veronique Gouverneur, Department of Chemistry
- Professor Marta Kwiatkowska, Department of Computer Science
- Professor Gero Miesenboeck, Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics
- Professor Melinda Mills, Department of Sociology
- Professor Judith Rousseau, Department of Statistics
- Professor Stuart West, Department of Zoology
Read more (Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics website)