The University of Oxford professors have been named National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) Senior Investigators in recognition of being “among the most prominent and prestigious researchers funded by the NIHR and the most outstanding leaders of patient and people-based research within the NIHR research community”.
The researchers named NIHR Senior Investigator are:
- Professor Daniel Freeman - Department of Psychiatry
- Professor Peter McCulloch - Nuffield Department of Surgical Sciences
- Professor John Powell - Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences
- Professor Jonathan Rees - Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculoskeletal Sciences
- Professor Matthew Snape - Department of Paediatrics, Oxford Vaccine Group
The successful candidates are all prominent researchers in the NIHR Oxford Biomedical Research Centre (BRC).
As well as the new appointments, three professors who had previously held awards were designated Emeritus Senior Investigators.
Read the NIHR Oxford Health Biomedical Research Centre news story for further details about Professor Daniel Freeman's appointment.