Podcasts offer our researchers another platform to discuss and explain their research.
Oxford sparks podcasts
Oxford Sparks is an online platform that highlights the scientific research carried out at the University through exciting videos, animations and podcasts aimed at a public audience. Scientists from the Division have worked with Oxford Sparks to produce a variety of digital content that explains their innovative research to a wider audience, including a large number of podcasts. These cover topics from tinnitus to training surgeons - explore the podcasts.
‘Pikin to Pikin Tok': communicating with children in Sierra Leone about Ebola vaccines
Dr Matthew Snape (Department of Paediatrics) was recognised with a Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Public Engagement for his radio project ‘Pikin to Pikin Tok': communicating with children in Sierra Leone about Ebola vaccines. The broadcast was aimed at children aged 10 – 18 years and their adult carers in the Kailahun region, the area where Ebola first took hold in Sierra Leone, and the most impoverished area of the country. The broadcasts addressed questions about immunisation and Ebola vaccines raised by 12 year old Abibatu.
The radio programme, which is part of the Pikin to Pikin Tok (Child to Child talk) project, was a collaboration between the UK human rights agency Child to Child, their partner in Sierra Leona (the Pikin to Pikin movement) and the Oxford Vaccine Group, part of the Department of Paediatrics. The programme was created by Penny Boreham and Dr Snape. It was translated into the local language Krio and presented by storyteller Usifu Jalloh. Find out more.
- Cancer Epidemiology Unit (Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine) podcasts
- Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine podcasts
- Department of Experimental Psychology podcasts
- Department of Oncology podcasts
- Department of Psychiatry podcasts
- Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences podcasts
- Department of Primary Care Health Sciences podcasts
- Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine podcasts
- Department of Pharmacology podcasts
- Radcliffe Department of Medicine podcasts
- Sir William Dunn School of Pathology podcasts
- Nuffield Department of Surgical Sciences podcasts
- TORCH Medical Humanities podcasts