Medical Sciences Divisional Office (Education)
University of Oxford
The Fleming Suite
Level 3, John Radcliffe Hospital
Oxford OX3 9DU
Assistant Registrar (Graduate School)
I am the senior officer responsible for the development of the Medical Sciences Graduate School. I work with the Academic Director of the Graduate School and a supporting Executive Group of senior academics on the development of strategic plans and their implementation. I also contribute to the development of policies relating to graduate matters at both divisional and university level and manage the implementation of such policies within the Division.
I line manage the Graduate School Officer, the Researcher Development & Training Officer and the Doctoral Training Centre Administrators, and have overall management responsibility for the Graduate School administrative team, which delivers:
- Support for graduate student administration across the Division
- Support for graduate admissions for several clinical departments
- Graduate School events and projects
- The Graduate School web presence, for both external and internal audiences
- The annual Graduate School Studentship Competition - this incorporates the award of Research Council funding, the management of which I am also responsible for
- A programme of transferable and scientific skills training
- A variety of other scholarship competitions
I am Secretary to the Division’s Graduate School Committee, which oversees graduate activity within the Division and has responsibility for ensuring that high standards of teaching, supervision, examination and administration are maintained.
I am also responsible for investigating applicant and student casework which has been escalated to the Graduate School.