Information Security FAQs
Information Security Policies
The use of all Information & Communications Technology (ICT) is subject to various rules & regulations of the University of Oxford.
Council approved the University Information Security policy in July 2012. Each University department is required to have its own policy.
The MSD IT Services Information Security Policy also applies to your use of our services.
There is a range information & advice regarding security via Oxford IT services web pages.
- What is encryption?
- What data should be encrypted?
- How do I encrypt my computer?
- Can I encrypt my smartphone, tablet or removable media?
- How do I encrypt e-mail attachments?
- There is a range of smartphone & tablet security advice from https://www.getsafeonline.org/smartphones-tablets/
- Encrypting a smartphone, tablet or removable media
- Where to store my data?
- Advice on password complexity
- Sharing data via MSD IT servers?
- How can I securely transfer data to collaborators outside the University?
A range of advice on physical security is available from the Government’s preferred online security advice channel, Getsafeonline.