How can I check if I have the Right to Work in the UK?
Evidence of right to work
The University has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to the University verifying that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.
Your HR officer can advise you on right to work, or alternatively and for further information visit the Staff Immigration Team's website on
- Academic Posts and Titles
- Divisional Office Posts
- Who is a clinical academic?
- Am I eligible to apply for the title of URL?
- How do I renew my University card?
- Who administers my appointment? Who do I contact?
- What is Congregation? Who can be a member of congregation?
- When do I get paid?
- What is the payroll cut-off?
- What are the salary scales?
- How can I open a Bank account?
- How can I apply for a National Insurance (NI) number?
- How can I check if I have the Right to Work in the UK?
- What to do if I wish to retire?
- What do I do if I wish to resign?
- How do I get MA Oxon status?
- How do I find somewhere to live?
- How do I join a Trade Union?
- MSDO Staff Induction
- Research Staff Development Framework
- COVID Information for MSDO (SSO required)
- MSD Recruitment Protocol Process (SSO required)
- Menopause at Work