Add a New Document Library to a Team Channel
Each channel in your team has a document library. You can add additional document libraries to a channel. This shows you how to do this.
Created: March 2020
Please note: To do this you need to go into the SharePoint view of Teams. Don't change any permissions in the SharePoint view as it can cause the Team to break in a way that isn't recoverable.
- Go to a Files area.
- Click Open in SharePoint.
- Select Site contents.
- Click New.
- Select Document library.
- Give the document library a name.
- The description is optional.
- Click Create.
Go back to your Team and click the plus symbol in the channel where you would like to add the document library.
Click Document Library.
Select the site where you created the document library and click Next.
- Select the document library you would like to add to your channel.
- Click Next.
- Your document library will be listed in a tab at the top of the channel - give this tab a name.
- Click Save.
You will now see your new document library.