Email and Attachments
- Occasional sharing of documents.
- Depending on the security level documents may need to be password protected and/or encrypted.
- Sharing large documents. Options for sharing larger documents include OxFile, Nexus365 OneDrive or FILR.
- Sharing confidential documents. Consider using Network Drives, Nexus365 OneDrive or FILR.
- Sharing with large numbers of people. Consider using OxFile, Nexus365 OneDrive, FILR or SharePoint.
How to Use OneDrive FOR BUSINESS for Email Attachments
Rather than attach a copy of a document to an email, it is possible to send a link to the document on Nexus365 OneDrive (sometimes called a 'Smarter' or a 'Modern' attachment):
It is very important to set the correct sharing permissions - we recommend View Only and Recipients Only
An advantage of using Nexus365 OneDrive is that you can adjust the permissions if you make a mistake, so the OneDrive link will no longer work.