Cookie Audit & Statement
For your cookie audit you will need to list all the cookies on your site and what their purpose is.
- Information about Haiku Cookies and Google Analytics Cookies are available on the Haiku Knowledge Base: https://fry-it.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/HKB/pages/1228734472/Cookies+used+on+a+Haiku+website
- The Social Media Icons in the Haiku CMS are links to the services and do not install cookies on the site. However, if you embed social media in other ways you should check whether this results in cookies being installed.
- You will need to work out what other cookies are used on your site. You could do this by going to every page that uses a third party service and checking whether these install any cookies. The simplest way to do this is to use a cookie checker eg https://www.cookieserve.com/
For the MSD website cookie audit we recorded the following information:
- Cookie name
- What we do with the information
- Who we share the information with
- Links to further information eg Google policies
Cookie types should be classified as follows:
(See https://cookiepedia.co.uk/classify-cookies for further details)
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Performance Cookies
- Functionality Cookies
- Targeting or Advertising Cookies
You will need the information from your cookie audit to write a detailed cookie statement.
We have written a statement for the MSD website (https://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/about/cookies) based on the University’s cookie statement (http://www.ox.ac.uk/content/cookie-statement). You could copy this statement, inserting details of the cookies on your site in the Specific cookies we use section.