Black History Month: Inequalities in Healthcare & Research
The Medical Sciences Division recently celebrated Black History Month 2021 with a talk by Patrick Vernon OBE – social commentator, campaigner, and cultural historian – in which he considered healthcare inequalities through the lens of Black British history.
The talk was followed by a Q&A hosted by Dr Fadi Issa (University of Oxford, Nuffield Department of Surgical Sciences). The event was sponsored by the NIHR Oxford Biomedical Research Centre.
Read the publication Patrick mentions at the start of his talk 'A Prescription for Fairness'.
This event was organised and delivered by members of several departments across the Medical Sciences Division:
- Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics
- Medical Sciences Divisional Office
- Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Musculosketal Sciences
- Nuffield Department of Population Health
- Nuffield Department of Surgical Sciences
- Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences
- Radcliffe Department of Medicine