The process for booking a place on a Medical Sciences Division Skills Training Course has changed. Detailed instructions for the new process are available on the Skills Training webpage.
Please note that some changes have been introduced:
This term, there are two courses that have slight variations:
- Poster Production. This is run on our behalf by the IT Learning Centre (ITLC), so the ‘Apply for this course’ button on the course description on our website will take you to the ITLC part of the new booking system.
- Scientific Computing in MATLAB (previously just called ‘MATLAB’). At the current time we can’t set up online courses of this type in the new system, so we will be managing the application process via firstname.lastname@example.org. Places will be filled on a ‘first paid the deposit, first confirmed on the course’ basis. Once the course is full, we will keep a list of any other requests to apply in date order to form a waiting list.
Due to the increasing cost of catering, we will no longer be providing lunch for all day courses. This is to make sure our budget can be spent on the development of new courses, as requested in the majority of the feedback forms.
- All day course descriptions on the website have a note saying ‘Please bring your own lunch’. Tea and coffee will be provided as usual. Most of our teaching venues have a café nearby.
- Unfortunately as the new booking system is used across the University, it contains a compulsory screen that asks you if you want certain email updates if you have any dietary requirements. Please do not fill in the dietary requirements field as this information does not reach us.
- Finally, thanks to all of you who have filled out our course feedback forms. These play a vital role in deciding how to improve existing courses, and which new courses should be developed. Please continue to complete these so that we can improve skills training opportunities for you.