The Human Tissue Authority (HTA) will be inspecting HTA Research Licence 12217 in April 2019. It will be a full inspection with a change in inspection team from when they last visited in 2017. Further details will follow, but in the meantime, there are key things that staff working under Licence 12217 should consider:
If you are working under HTA Licence 12217
- Ensure you have read and acknowledged the core documents for the Licence on iPassport.
- Ensure you have achieved a passing score on the WebLearn HTA training and that you have your certificate on file (hard copy or electronic).
- Support the Human Tissue Governance Team for HTA Licence 12217 with any requests the HTA might have in preparation for, or during, the inspection.
If you are working under another HTA Licence or you work with human tissue under a recognised Research Ethics Committee Exemption
This inspection should not affect you. However as a reminder, all Medical Sciences Divisional staff working with human tissue are required to complete HTA training every two years; so if you do work with human tissue please ensure that you have your certificate on file (hard copy or electronic).
The following resources are available to all Medical Sciences staff, whether working under HTA Licence 12217 or not:
- website: https://researchsupport.admin.ox.ac.uk/governance/human-tissue
- monthly drop-in clinics
Thursday 3 January 2019: 09:00-11:00 Boundary Brook House, Churchill Old Road Campus
Thursday 7 February 2019: 09:00-11:00 NDCLS Meeting room, Level 4, John Radcliffe Hospital
Thursday 7 March 2019: 09:00-11:00 Boundary Brook House, Churchill Old Road Campus
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Human Tissue Governance Team for HTA Licence 12217