A year ago the Information Security Team introduced the Information Governance Office as a service to the Medical Sciences Division. Aimed at providing expertise in information security and governance to colleagues in the Division, there was a clear requirement for support. The team were working to not only develop and maintain a divisional information governance framework and help unlock the red tape around accessing research data (more on that here).
- Engaged with research community and departmental stakeholders, making over 54 visits
- Established internal and external processes to streamline data application processes for research staff, and helped 16 research projects obtain data from NHS Digital
- Responded to over 100 support calls relating to information governance
- Delivered face to face training sessions to over 90 people, and saw the online training uptake rise to over 3700 attempts
- Set up an online platform to share good practice and guidance from external bodies