The Careers Service runs tailored support and information services for research students and staff, and have a full programme of activity that you can engage in. For a full listing, please see their website.
- Insight into Academia; seminars on funding & fellowships, and academic futures….
- Careers Conference for Researchers; bespoke for DPhils and research staff (RAs, postdocs, research or teaching fellows), sign up NOW
- Local job and internship opportunities via the OX and Start-Up Careers Fair
- Professional networking: What, why and how for researchers, in readiness for the above opportunities meet a range of former academics, prospective employers etc
Further important updates
- NEW: Researcher Strategy Consultancy: Policy Stream – applications are now open for the March to June round, which will include some client projects with a social, educational or health policy focus.
- Temporary change in our 1:1 appointments: All students and research staff can choose a Careers adviser and date for a 20-minute appointment, with the possibility of a longer follow-up. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to offer initial 30-minute appointments for research staff this term.
- All our tailored careers guidance and opportunities for researchers can be found on our bespoke pages; www.careers.ox.ac.uk/researchers and are summarised in a leaflet for coffee areas, noticeboards etc. You can receive these through internal mail by writing to Philip.Richardson@careers.ox.ac.uk with the number you require and your address.