Resources and collections news
More e-books of titles listed on undergraduate and graduate reading lists
We have acquired 357 e-books from the subscription of two major collections, LWW Health Library and ClinicalKey Student, of which these are the latest editions of textbooks on reading lists:
- Histology: a text and atlas: with correlated cell and molecular biology. 7th ed., 2016
- Langman's Medical Embryology (Sadler, T. W., and Jan. Langman). 14th ed., 2019
- Marks' basic medical biochemistry: a clinical approach. 5th ed., 2020
- Medical physiology (Boron). 3rd ed., 2017
- Rang and Dale's pharmacology (Ritter, J.). 9th ed., 2020
- Robbins Basic Pathology (Kumar). 10th ed., 2018
The LWW Health Library contains Lippincott publications, including textbooks and multimedia assets in medical, pharmacy and other health sciences subject areas.
Access to the full LWW collection is via SOLO at http://solo.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/permalink/f/ds4uo7/LGDBaz/32766400, and enter your Single-Sign-On.
The Clinicalkey Student collection contains Elsevier publications, including textbooks linked to related videos and a collection of images. We have a description page at https://libguides.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/ClinicalKeyStudent.
For access login with your SSO through the description page or via SOLO at
Latest Contents of the Henry Stewart Talks recorded lectures
4 lectures on the Covid-19 pandemic have recently been added to The Biomedical & Life Sciences Collection of the Henry Stewart Talks:
- Presence and function of SARS-CoV-2-specific T-cells in recovered patients and healthy volunteers (Le Bert, DUKE-NUS Medical School, Singapore)
- Rheumatic diseases and COVID-19 (Wallace, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School)
- The COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak: October 2020 update (Temte, University of Wisconsin)
- The cardiovascular complications of SARS-CoV-2 infection (Naidu, New York Medical College)
Go to http://solo.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/permalink/f/ds4uo7/LGDBaz/31803097, sign in with your SSO, select the Biomedical & Life Sciences Collection or type the lecture title.
The resource also contains many lectures by professors of the University. The latest added is:
- Introduction to the immune system (Waldmann)
For more Oxford content, select a subject area and type University of Oxford.
Update on library services
We are very pleased to announce that the Vere Harmsworth Library, the temporary home of the Radcliffe Science Library, reopened to readers on Monday 28 September. Opening hours from Sunday 11 October will be as follows:
- 9.30am to 9pm Monday to Friday
- 10am to 4pm Saturday
- 11am to 5pm Sunday
Admission is by advance booking only and this must be done online – book at www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/using/reading-rooms. Ordering of offsite items commences on Wednesday 7 October, and the Click and Collect service is also available for borrowing RSL books.
Details of the RSL’s reopening and services available can be found at http://blogs.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/science/2020/09/27/vhl-and-rsl-reopen/.
For full details of library reopening dates and guidance on procedures and safety measures, please see https://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/using/reading-rooms.