Bodleian Resources and collections news
We are pleased to announce that now have University access to two new collections of online medical textbooks:
- Cambridge Core e-books - includes online access to over 1,700 medical textbooks from the CUP. All titles are now available in SOLO and from the CUP’s own platform via - https://ox.libguides.com/cambridgeeba (sign in with your University Single Sign On).
- The LWW Health ebook collections “Medical Education” and “Clerkship/Clinical Rotations” These include online textbooks, videos, images, real-life case studies and quiz banks. The books will be in SOLO soon (it’s taking a little longer than we had hoped) but you can access them (and other the materials) now via the platform homepage at https://lwwhealthlibrary.com/ - select “Sign in via Shibboleth” and then “Federation – UK Access Management Federation” and “Institution- University of Oxford” to be able to sign in with your University Single Sign On.
We also wanted to reassure you that our team are working closely with colleagues in the Division and across the Bodleian to work through the relevant University requirements and the formal University process and timelines to reopen the Cairns Library (including the Book Collection) to students. We hope to have dates to announce soon and my apologies that that this is taking longer than we had hoped.
New Nature titles online
Members of the University now have online access to two more Nature journals. Both Nature Biomedical Engineering and Nature Catalysis can be access via SOLO at the following links, and via Browzine (https://browzine.com/libraries/1704/).
- Nature Biomedical Engineering - http://solo.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/permalink/f/89vilt/oxfaleph021934780
- Nature Catalysis - http://solo.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/permalink/f/89vilt/oxfaleph021934782
Trial access for University members to Perlego (described as “Spotify for textbooks”) has been extended until the 10 August 2020. For more details, please see https://libguides.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/az.php?q=perlego .
The University of Oxford Filter retires following the launch of the new PubMed
The new interface of PubMed no longer supports the filtering “University of Oxford”. To access full text of articles available to you, go to PubMed through SOLO and get it through the “find it @ Oxford” link.
Update on library services
The Bodleian Libraries will automatically extend any Bodleian Libraries items on loan until week commencing 12 October 2020. Fines will continue to be waived for all items.
Click and collect
The Bodleian Libraries' socially distanced borrowing service from selected libraries is now up and running – more information is at https://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/using/clickandcollect.
Phased reopening of libraries
The Bodleian Libraries will begin a phased reopening to staff, students and Bodleian Reader Card Holders from Monday 10 August.
To help us keep you safe, and make sure we follow government and University guidelines, you’ll need to book your visit in advance.
More details are at https://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/using/reading-rooms.
Bodleian iSkills: Creating reading lists using Oxford Reading Lists Online (ORLO)
Do you want to provide reading lists with direct links to e-books and articles? Oxford Reading List Online (ORLO) is an online reading list platform which makes it easy to create reading list with direct links to e-books, articles and other eresources and which show real time availability for physical resources in Oxford Libraries.
This introductory session on ORLO is intended for Academics, Administrators and Learning Support Staff who are interested in putting their reading lists online. The format of the session will be presentation and demonstration but there will be plenty of opportunities for questions.
- Tuesday 4 August, 3-4.30pm
- Friday 21 August, 10-11.30am
- Thursday 3 September, 10-11.30am
Please book at https://libguides.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/workshops/ORLO.