The Board’s IT Committee provides a forum through which divisional priorities for divisional and central IT support are communicated to relevant central bodies and provide a mechanism to disseminate emerging IT policies and services of the University across the Division.
Chair: Professor Stuart Peirson
Secretary: Dr David Bryan
Dr Tim Bardsley
Dr Phil Biggin
Mr Wulf Forrester-Barker
Mr Christopher Hinds
Dr Alan Young
Mr Phil Townsend
Mr John Ireland
Dr Martin Landray
Mr Philip Pinney
Dr Brian Marsden
Dr Brian Hicks
Dr Anne Bowtell
Dr Nigel Rudgewick-Brown
Dr Damion Young
2016 Meeting dates
Thursday 17 March
Thursday 23 June
Thursday 22 September
Thursday 24 November
Term of reference
The committee’s specific terms of reference were agreed by the Medical Sciences Board to be as follows:
- The Committee shall be responsible, under the Medical Sciences Board, for divisional strategy in relation to the structure, development and delivery of ICT services to and within the Division
- The Committee will receive advice regarding the structure, delivery and development of ICT services provided centrally by the University and their likely impact on service delivery within the Division
- The Committee will advise the Board of changes of policy or practice needed at a divisional or central university level to safeguard the efficient delivery of services to the Division
- The Committee will advise Council’s Information Technology Committee and the Medical Sciences Board of divisional needs in relation to ICT services
- The Committee shall be responsible, under the Medical Sciences Board, for considering questions of value for money in relation to IT services provided to the Division
- The Committee shall receive, and respond as necessary to, regular reports from the MSD IT Services Management Committee and the Divisional Web Integration Manager.
- The Committee shall report, as appropriate, to the Medical Sciences Board
It was agreed that the Committee shall normally meet at least once a term.
To view the current and past agenda/papers, please contact Dr David Bryan.