Finance and Physical Capital
The Board's Finance and Physical Capital Committee considers business relating to finance, resource allocation and physical capital.
The functions of the Finance and Physical Capital Committee and the Research and Innovation Committee have been incorporated into the Finance, Research and General Purpose Committee for a trial period.
Chair: Professor Gavin Screaton
Secretary: Rachel Ives
Professor Mark Sansom
Professor Andrew Carr
Professor Sir Rory Collins
Professor Chris Conlon
Professor Nigel Emptage
Professor Matthew Freeman
Professor John Geddes
Professor Freddie Hamdy
Professor Richard Hobbs
Professor Georg Holländer
Professor Stephen Kennedy
Professor Mark Middleton
Professor Kia Nobre
Professor David Paterson
Professor Irene Tracey
Professor Hugh Watkins
2017 Meeting Dates
Please see the Finance, Research, and General Purposes Committee page.
Terms of Reference
The committee shall make recommendations to the Medical Sciences Board on the following matters:
- The development, implementation, monitoring and refinement of divisional resource allocation procedures to enable annual budgets to be set;
- The monitoring of the financial sustainability of departments within the Division, including the appraisal of departmental recovery plans;
- Oversight of the Division’s financial procedures and policies;
- The appraisal of the non-academic impact of capital projects;
- The appraisal of the non-academic impact of major new academic initiatives;
- The determination of the Division’s capital and fundraising priorities as expressed in the Division’s five-year rolling plan;
- The determination of an appropriate budget for the Divisional Office and the central operations of the Division;
- The monitoring of the work of academic departments against their approved budgets;
- The development, implementation, monitoring and refinement of a divisional estates strategy;
- The development, implementation, monitoring, and refinement of divisional strategies for Information Technology and Communication.
To view the current and past agenda/papers, please contact Rachel Ives.